Saturday, June 21, 2008

Park City Trip






We are making an effort to enjoy the mountains before we head off to the Big Apple!  This past week we went on an overnighter to Park City beginning with a major hike up the ski slopes of the Canyons Resort.  We honestly hiked straight UP for the whole first hour! It was crazy after we actually thought about it, but it was a lot of fun.  We hiked up and got to take the gondola down for free, so we jumped on that deal!  We even got away without major injuries, just a few sunburns.  The mountains were gorgeous!  I wish that we had taken more pictures of them alone, but here are a few of our hiking pictures.  We also went up to the Olympic park, which Derek just went crazy with memories.  It's always fun to hear the amazing experience he had volunteering for the Olympics.  Unfortunately, we didn't get many pictures at the Olympic park - we were too enthralled!  We even wandered over to the bobsled track where we probably weren't allowed because we saw some Olympians practicing on the Push track!  We had a lot of fun despite our sunburns. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Did you guys camp up there, or stay in a hotel?!? Do you know exactly when you are leaving, yet?

Meredith said...

That sounds like so much fun! I've never been hiking in Park City...I should probably get out more. :)

Natalie said...

Hey you guys! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. :) We're looking forward to hearing about your grand adventures in New York City!

*Aliese* said...

I'm so excited you guys started a blog; I just think they're fantastic. I'm so excited to read about your adventures back east--it's definitely one of my most favorite places and I miss it some much sumetimes.