Last weekend we went camping with some friends. It was so nice to get away from the city for a night and enjoy the outdoors, trees, fresh air and quiet. It was a campground called Beaver Pond only 25 miles north of Manhattan.
These were real lifeguard chairs. We were so surprised at how large they were. All four of us could sit in one!
Actually, David and Lori have a car. They live in the Bronx so they have more space to park. And yes...we do have friends! You all make us sound like hermits. ;)
I was going to ask- why all the friends comments! I guess being so far from home we hope you do. Jamie will never be able to strike the "very serious" pose. She is too happy all the time.
Of course you guys have friends, you're super nice! I only made a friend comment because you guys have only been gone a month and you're already friends enough with someon to sleep... alone... in the woods with them. :-)
That's very true, Les. Of course, everything else aside, even just the fact they were both wearing BYU t-shirts and hoodies made us feel pretty safe camping alone with them.
12 comments:
I am so glad you guys have friends!
I'm glad you found a place to camp, it looks beautiful.
I am so glad you haven't forgotton your roots, and the famous "picture pose".
Yes the famous picture pose..Poor Jamie one day she will have a blog full of those won't she?
Yay! Camping is great no matter what state you're in!
That's cool you guys got to go camping, and have friends! Did you backpack on the subway? ;-)
Actually, David and Lori have a car. They live in the Bronx so they have more space to park. And yes...we do have friends! You all make us sound like hermits. ;)
I was going to ask- why all the friends comments! I guess being so far from home we hope you do. Jamie will never be able to strike the "very serious" pose. She is too happy all the time.
Of course you guys have friends, you're super nice! I only made a friend comment because you guys have only been gone a month and you're already friends enough with someon to sleep... alone... in the woods with them. :-)
That's very true, Les. Of course, everything else aside, even just the fact they were both wearing BYU t-shirts and hoodies made us feel pretty safe camping alone with them.
Tag!! You guys are it!! Check out our blog for details!!
I bet your glad you brought your camping stuff :) Isn't it beautiful here in the east?!
Post a Comment