Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Blessings in Abundance

After a long and painful job search, I was just hired to work with a family as a Teacher Caregiver.  If that makes no sense to anyone, it is like a teacher/nanny combo for early childhood-aged children in their home.  I was so excited to get this job because of its great hours, great pay, great commute (yes, 40 minutes is a great commute here) and doing something that I love!  Plus, it has been a long time coming. Job hunting is no fun and hard work.  Even better than being blessed with this great job, I step back and look at my life in awe of how well taken care of I am.  First, I have to thank my wonderful husband who is so support of me in every way possible.  Thanks, Love!  We have been blessed to be able to get a super good education for Der here at Columbia.  It has been such a fun experience to live somewhere so different.  Our move could not have gone more perfectly either.  We were led to a great apartment where we feel safe and right at home.  Because of the prophet's council to save and "store for times of need," we have had enough for these last few months of unemployment.  We have also been getting small but helpful "unemployment" checks every week which have sustained us.  These have ended this week, the same week I start my new job.  Miracles never cease!  Our Father in Heaven is truly watching over us.  Thank you all for your prayers, love and concern for us.  We feel so blessed also to have each of you in our lives.  

7 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Yay! I'm so glad you found a job. Having lived back east, and having friends in the city, I'm aware of the "job hunt struggles." It sounds like a great one though; that's awesome. Pretty sure you could totally re-post this same story around Thanksgiving and be able to add even more to it! I hope you guys are doin' awesome; it sounds like you are!

Natalie said...

That's so great! We visited the Cottles with Ashlee and Brennan the other day and they were talking about your job hunting struggles. Glad to see it turned out for the better. Congrats!

Becky Knowles said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad that you have found a job. It sounds like it could be really cool. I always thought it would be so much fun to work for a family rather than a school or daycare center. How FUN!

Ev said...

It's so true how we are watched over. Just saw your site from Chanelle's. Cute pictures! You look happy and it's good to see you "again" since the party at our house. Happiness always! Evelyn

Meredith said...

Yay, Yay, YAY!! I'm so glad you found a job and one that it sounds like you will enjoy! Good luck with everything!

CottleCrew said...

We so glad you found a job Jamie, we've been praying for you. Hope it all goes well. Garrett is counting down till Christmas when we get to see everyone . . . only 52 days. (he is just proud he can count that high)

*Aliese* said...

@ Derek--

It totally is Steve! I thought I told you we worked together...Maybe not...Anyway, I'll totally say hi for you.