Despite the random snow storm we had last week, I think it is safe to say Spring is on its way, and we are very excited. How can I tell Spring is coming, you ask? Clue #1: Jamie wore a jacket (not a coat... a jacket) to work all week, and Clue #2: Birds were singing outside our apartment when we woke up this morning, (to hear birds singing is truly a feat in and of itself in this city). Because it has been such nice weather, our new thing is to walk home from church. The church is about 25 blocks north of where we live, which equals roughly over a mile. What makes the walk home fun, is that a good portion of the walk is through Fort Tryon park. This blog post is going to take you through a typical walk home from church. You must first understand that you are very lucky to have pictures included in this post. We had been exploring NYC without our camera for the past three months (which sadly died shortly before Christmas... {insert moment of silence here}). The good news is that we purchased a rad new camera, so we brought it to church knowing we would walk home, and could take a few photos. So, again, enjoy a typical walk home from church.
1. Fort Tryon Park... these old bridges, walls and paths are what make this park unique.
1. The Mr. and Mrs... the timer on the camera appears to be working well.


3. Again, Fort Tryon Park

4. Some old emergency station... It looked cooler in person, trust me.
5. Some random kids playing basketball.
6. Patriotic fire hydrant. Jamie had to stop me from bustin' out The Star Bangled Banner.
7. A cathedral just up the street from us. We have lived here for 7 months and we haven't noticed it. Sad, but true.
8 comments:
Whenever you post pictures it really REALLY makes me want to visit...*sigh*
RAD?? Did you really say your camera is rad??
I love the pictures though, what a fun walk home from church!
How was your Café Rio party? Did you take pictures with your rad camera??
Love you guys!!
Very cool pictures. While I enjoy the convenience of living directly across the street from church, I wouldn't mind a leisurely walk through a park to get there once in awhile!
Did Jamie wear HEELS while you took a long walk home from church stopping to take pictures for over a mile? All while she was stopping you from singing and testing the timer on the RAD camera???Jamie..you are a saint!
Great to see some pictures again. It truly is a "wonderful" camera looking at the quality of pictures. Could you hear the birds over the street parties or have they not started yet? Probaby the weekend we are there. I am bringing money so I can go join them. If you can't beat 'em then join 'em right!
So have you broken out in the Star Spangled Banner at Midnight yet? Maybe you could join your neighbor's party with that one! Thanks for stopping him Jamie!! I'm glad you got a camera, we were tempted to send our old one out to you since we hadn't seen pics for so long!
The parties should start up once it's warm. And, yes, I did say the word "rad"... I'm glad you liked it Alicia and Tara.
Thanks for thinking about us with the camera, Ash. In answer to your question, I have busted out the star spangled banner a few times, just not as loud as usual... apartment living, what can you do?!
Where is that Cathedral? I have lived here longer than you and I haven't even noticed it. To CottleCrew, I can personally attest that the Cafe Rio party was a hit. Derek, I've got to here you sing the Star Spangled Banner.
Post a Comment