Sunday, May 3, 2009

Warning!

Jamie's curling iron spontaneously blew up this morning.  It sparked, it popped, and the bathroom was filled with smoke.  I was putting in my contacts behind her when it happened, so this is a first-hand account.  Jamie has owned this curling iron since middle school.  Ever since the day my older sister, Tanelle, chased me with a hot curling iron around the house, I have not been a fan of the appliance.  Despite these bad experiences, I am a fan of Jamie's hair, so she shouldn't stop using curling irons... just this one.  This serves as a warning to all women who own a curling iron as old as middle school... it may spark and die one day, when you least expect it.   The End. 

10 comments:

*Aliese* said...

That sounds tragic...I'm definitely re-thinking my hot curlers I've had since middle school... Luckily, my curling iron and blow dryer are fairly new though, or I may have felt the need to purchase all new stuff. Good luck with the hunt for a new curling iron, Jamie!

CottleCrew said...

Darin: I don't see what the problem is. Why wouldn't you pick up an appliance that you've had for over 10 years, let electricity course through it and then get it as close to your head as you possibly can??

Alicia: Thanks for the warning, and the laugh that only an experience told my Derek can bring. 20 more days, see you soon!

theoldman said...

Flat irons are just as dangerous! Just ask your mother about her Sunday experience!

Anna said...

oh yikes. Derek, this is the time when you tell Jamie that you just have to work a new curling iron into the budget -- 14.99 at walmart well spent.

David said...

R.I.P. to the curling iron. May the new one last equally long!

Tara said...

HA HA HA!!! That is hilarious. :) Glad you didn't die. Either of you.

Becky Knowles said...

This makes me happy that I never have time to do my hair anymore. It is sad that it died....being an antique and all.

The Oakey's said...

wow I never knew you were such a talented writer! :) While I was reading this I started to laugh out loud so Matt made me read it which in turn made him laugh out loud! I am sorry for Jamie....but thanks for making out night! I hope everything else is going good in the big city!

bentanelle said...

thanks for putting names in here with the experience...

Leslie said...

So I just went to use my flat iron the other day, and guess what happened? It sparked and smoked.....
If your trends follow me and I announce I'm pregnant in a few weeks.......-I am NOT pregnant, just saying :)