Friday, October 23, 2009

Preparing for Baby


In preparation for Baby, I have been able to have time to make some fun things for baby. Because we are going to have a Metro-Baby, it seems that we need to have different forms of baby gear such as this baby wrap:



Thanks to Ashley S. I was able to make some fun little clips:This is a little sleeper that I saw for $60 in a store so I decided to make it instead. I made it up as I went along. It does look a little homemade, but she won't care.
Baby sling:
Diaper bag made from a tote bag pattern thanks to Anna who gave me the idea.
I added a few of my own additions to make it more of a diaper bag:
Plus, I had to make a couple of diaper changing pads to match:

Last, I had made a little sensory blanket before I knew whether we were having a boy or a girl:
We are also preparing her little room/corner. We will post pics when that is ready or at least a little more organized!

Little Update: I had my doctor apptmt today. Everything is going well. I am now dialated to 1 cm! I know that I can be dialated for weeks before anything happens but this just reaffirms the fact that this little girl is coming soon! I sure hope that we're ready. Either way, we are super excited for her to come!


8 comments:

*Aliese* said...

I love your shabby-chic diaper bag! That's an awesome idea. I personally loath the "cutesie-wootsie-frilly-character-inspired" diaper bags. You'll definitely have a classy little girl!

seanandnataliekowallis said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Sophia is 6 weeks old today and I can't imagine life without her. I am excited to hear the news when she decides to come!! Hang in there. The best is yet to come.

Anna said...

the diaper bag looks great! I can't wait to see pics of this cute little baby :)

Diane said...

Wow! you are quite the amazing seamstress! I sure hope you all can move back this way soon. Then you can show me some of your amazing tricks. We sure miss you! I keep watching your blog and we are just so happy and excited for you. You are such wonderful examples. Can't wait till you have her and we can see pics!

Tarahh77 said...

I am not sure what a "metro baby" is but she will be the best one! Good job Jamie getting all those projects done. I love the diaper bag. :) Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Jamie! I am so proud of you. Everything is so cute. I am so impressed you made everything, plus worked. She is definately going to be one loved little girl. I love the silky sensory blanket. We are counting down now, keep us posted. Remember your assignments Derek?

Latter-day Saint Mom said...

Such cute projects you did! Hope the labor and delivery goes well for you! Excited for you to be able to hold her in your arms!

Woodward Family said...

Thank you so much for the cute sleeper and onsies!! It doesn't look homemade...I would have thought you'd bought it if I hadn't seen it on here! I actually think it is too cute for Hadlee to sleep in, she may wear it as an outfit instead! :)