Friday, November 13, 2009

Morgan update

Morgan is nearly two weeks old now and loving life. When all you have to do is eat, sleep and play, who wouldn't love life? Morgan is such a good baby. She is super happy, very calm and alert. She has smiled for us numerous times in response to our playing with her. Some say they can't smile that young or that it is just gas. But when she is wide awake looking directly at us and we play with her and smile at her and then she immediately smiles back, we know that it has to be more than gas. Sadly we have not been able to get this on camera yet, because she seems to be a little camera shy. One day we were holding the camera on her while trying to make her smile and she would just look from us to the camera and then back to us again like "come on mom and dad, I am NOT going to smile with that thing pointing in my face!" It was so funny. Anyway here are some pictures from her first two weeks. A day at the park:
Morgan wearing the sleeper that mom made for her. It's a little big for now.
Hooray for naptime with daddy!

Morgan being the girly-girl that she is. She is always crossing her cute little legs.

9 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Aw, you guys! What a little sweetheart.

M+J=K3+E said...

She is quite the little cutie. Congrats again!

seanandnataliekowallis said...

How fun! Sophia crosses her legs too... it's so funny to see other babies who all do the same thing. She is so beautiful! You guys did good. ;) We should try to meet up when you're out here at Christmas!

Tarahh77 said...

She has the cutest clothes. Thanks for these pictures Jamie :)

Leslie said...

Awww, cute pics guys! Em and I are admiring your little beauty. You'd get a kick out of the extreme enthusiasm Emily has whenever she see's pics of Miss Morgan. Looking forward to Christmas!

erin said...

Dear Jamie, Derek, and Morgan-
I spent today with Carol, Paul and Erin. After enjoying a delicious dinner, I questioned Erin if she had anymore updates on your life. So, Erin got out her laptop to check on it, and sure enough, she shared with me the pictures of Morgan. She is a sweetheart! I was very happy to catch up on this. I can see the advantages and the convenience of technology. I hope everything keeps going well for all of you. Look forward to seeing you next month. Lots of love, Grandma PS- Give little Morgan a hug and a kiss for me.

Diane said...

I can't believe how much she is already growing! SO CUTE!

TandAA :) said...

Oh my gosh guys, Morgan's adorable! And good name pick too! I'm sad we can't see her since we're so far apart, but soon I'm sure. Congratulations guys! Miss you!

MyrLynn said...

What a beautiful Baby! Congrats guys. Hope the interviews went well and that Jamie survived with Derek gone. Thanks for the updates!